2.02.2011

heat strings

I busted out the crochet hooks for this beauty.  It's been a while since I crocheted something.  I tend to craft in phases.  I will go months and months on just sewing projects, then I will get into a paper groove and stay there a while, sometimes it's crochet.  I'm just THAT random.  I saw a version of this idea on Design Sponge.  I didn't use her heart pattern.  Instead I just made up my own thing, I made five rows of five SS, then made a scallop border stitch on two ends of the square.  I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me, but it is quick and involves almost no counting (I can get impatient with the counting sometimes, that's why I make tiny things instead of sweaters).
So whether you are planning to celebrate Valentines with lots and lots of love...
 or your more of a "singles awareness day" celebrator...

enjoy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute necklace. What did you use for a fastner? I crochet but have never crocheted using crochet thread. Good for you. You can tell a true artist--they usually just jump in with both feet and don't worry about failing. So many inventions or new procedures come about by people just doing it or by failing to do something else they were going for.

Post a Comment